Home should be a safe place for a child. Unfortunately, many homes are filled with abuse and fear. Today, there are hundreds of children in Georgia who need a safe and loving place to call home. Fostering a child can be a rewarding and exciting experience. We are currently recruiting foster families to participate in our foster care program. Call us today to find out how you can make a difference in the life of a child!
Children We Serve
We serve a variety of children with different needs. We are committed to working closely with our families and children to ensure the best placement options for both.
· Sibling groups that need to remain together
· Children who have lost their ability to trust adults
· Children who need an opportunity to succeed
· Children with emotional issues
· Children who struggle with self -esteem issues
· Children with developmental and physical disabilities
· Teenagers who have not experienced a positive home life and need extra patience and commitment.
· Attend 20 hour intensive pre-services foster parent training.
· Pass a drug screening test.
· Complete state and federal criminal background check.
· Complete a medical exam.
· Meet home safety requirements.
· Provide employee and family references.
· Possess a valid Georgia Driver's License.
Why Georgia Baptist Children's Home?
· You will have 24-hour access to our professional staff in the event of a crisis.
· Our social workers manage small caseloads which means you will have individualized attention.
· We make frequent contact with our foster families to address any issues as they arise.
· We provide 15 hours of training each year by our staff and community experts.
· Our foster parents have access to services and supplies donated by local businesses and individuals in the community.
· We provide respite care when foster parents need a break and the opportunity to network with other foster families.
· You will be working with an agency that has a proven track record of caring for children - since 1872!
For More Information: